MHRP, with Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) and the Henry M. Jackson Foundation (HJF), was selected by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) at National Institute of Health as a Clinical Trial Unit (CTU) for their HIV research networks for the next seven years.
Four of our partners sites in Thailand and Africa will conduct HIV research with support from the HIV Vaccine Trial Networks (HVTN) and the AIDS Clinical Trial Group (ACTG). The new MHRP Clinical Trial Unit includes:
HVTN Clinical Research Sites:
- National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) - Mbeya Medical Research Center (MMRC) in Mbeya, Tanzania
- Mahidol University in Bangkok, Thailand
- KEMRIU/Kericho Clinical Research Center (CRC) in Kericho, Kenya
ACTG Clinical Research Sites:
- KEMRI/Kericho CRC in Kericho, Kenya
- Moi University in Eldoret, Kenya
MHRP has worked with the NIAID networks since 2008, beginning in Kenya as part of the ACTG. The collaboration expanded into Tanzania and Mozambique with the HVTN in 2013. The co-principal investigators for the new award are Dr. Merlin Robb and Col. Julie Ake.
This new award allows MHRP to continue to contribute to the global effort to improve the prevention and treatment of HIV through these clinical trial networks. This award is reflection of our outstanding clinical research partners in Africa and Thailand.